The Quanum Trifecta sold through Hobbyking is a circa 295mm Tri-copter that folds for transport yet still carries 8″ propellers. In my first post I gave a bit of background on the project and following on from that this post will give a rundown of the parts sourced for the build.
There’s also a Forum Thread covering the whole build timeline!
Lets go Shopping
As you’d expect a lot of the parts have come from Hobbyking – but I also took advantage of Banggoods low prices even if their shipping is painfully slow!
- Quanum Trifecta Frame Kit: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-trife…e-kit.html Paid AUD19.82
- Spare Rotorbits Tail Servo Mount: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rotorbits-se…black.html Paid AUD7.33
- Quanum Trifecta Frame Expansion Pack: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-trife…-pack.html Paid AUD3.88
- PDB/BEC/PowerSensor: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/micro-hkpilo…nting.html Paid AUD13.93
- Tail Servo (Emax ES09MD): http://www.banggood.com/EMAX-ES09MD Paid AUD10.32
- 18A Multistar Opto ESCs: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mini-blheli-…-opto.html Paid AUD6.61 each
- Multistar Elite 2308 Motors: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-el…w-ccw.html Paid AUD15.52 each
- SPF3 EVO Flight Controller: http://www.banggood.com/F3-EVO Paid 29.57
- 7M GPS and Stand: http://www.banggood.com/Mini-Ublox-7M-GPS Paid AUD31.42
- WS2812 LED Strips: http://www.banggood.com/Liantian-LED-Strip Paid AUD2.82 Each
- Receiver: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-ia6c…eiver.html AUD12.66
Not much really – because I’ve already got the great Flysky FSi6S transmitter I’ve only added another receiver.
The SP Racing EVO Clone I’ve got is equipped with a barometer so I’ll be flying with the self-centering sticks Mode-2. This is going to be the first foray into the world of iNav and I’m looking forward to the new challenges that will bring with it.