I’m less into shopping than this post makes me look, however the “Megamall” can be a fascinating adventure for travellers.
On my upcoming Malaysia trip I’ll be trying to hit some of the largest in the world!
Malaysia is well represented in the Wikipedia List of Megamalls playing host to 8 in the list while Australia has a single entry. I’ve already visited a couple on past trips and this time I’m hoping to chalk up a few more!
- 1Utama – The largest in Malaysia and the =5th largest in the world
- Mid-Valley Megamall – 8th Largest in the world and visited in 2014. At the time I just thought it was big, now I understand just how big!
- Sunway Pyramid – 11th largest and maybe a little out of my way for this trip – but you never know!
- Berjaya Times Square – Visited in 2012, 2014 and as it’s almost “over the road” from my accommodation will be visited again in 2015. In 18th position it’s a sizeable effort to cover! This is also the 8th largest building in the world!
Berjaya Times Square
- Queensbay Mall – Located in Penang this may be a stretch to fit into my short stay in the area. However to hit the equal 39th in the worlds largest malls it may be worth the effort!
- IOI City Mall – Taking 49th position this mall is in an area that I’ll be trying to visit at least once this trip. It may be an even adventure after the F1 practice!
- AEON Bukit Tingii Shopping Centre – I don’t like my chances of making it to the 55th largest mall, but as my KLIA Ekpres will pass it a few times I may jump off!
- Aman Central is oping this year, unfortunately I won’t make it there.